Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boulder City, NV

I work in a hotel in Boulder City, NV (about 20 miles from Vegas), and had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Gibbs today. Apparantly she has been quite busy. A local church paid for one night at our hotel. When she arrived, I helped her to her room. She told me that she was a prophet like Dr. King, and gave me a flier. I went back to the office and started reading the strangest thing I've ever read in my life. About halfway through, a police officer pulled up and started asking questions about her - namely was a teenager with her. I said no, she was alone, but I let him read her flier. I then spotted her outside standing in the middle of the parking lot, holding a bunch of papers above her head. I told the cop that that was her. He went outside to talk to her, and when he came back told me that she was "confused" but seemed nice enough, and left. The housekeeper came in. I showed her the flier. She read it, said that she thinks it was the same lady she had met in Searchlight, NV. She said the lady had threatened people there with a very large knife. Then, another lady came in that works for a nonprofit org. out here. Apparantly Ms. Gibbs had been at there too. They had paid for a week at another hotel, but Ms. Gibbs refused to stay there. Then she started picking her nose and trying to wipe it on the volunteers. She also stated to them that she had a knife in her suitcase. Also, a teenager was waiting for her outside there too. Finally, the lady from the church that had paid for her stay came in (where she was trying to get copies made there too, btw) and we all compared notes. It was enough for me to become very concerned about the safety of the other guests and employees at my work, so I called the police back. They came, and checked her room for this mystery boy that was seen with her. Nobody was in her room, but the cop said that she had defecated on one of our sheets and put it in the sink. He said it stunk in the room. Does anyone else know of any violent tendancies on her part of has she mentioned this knife to anyone else? What about a young boy with her? I am quite concerned about this.

I attached the copies of the letter I got from her.

0 comments: