Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Durham, NH

I found a copy of her 2-page manifesto tucked in a paper pile tonight and decided to Google "John Rodwin Ringwald" and came up with these blogs and websites - wow - what a phenomenon! Marilyn was on my bus on October 2, 2007 - I picked her up on the UNH campus on my Dover run and she kept yakking at me but I put her off as she was distracting me - I promised I would talk to her later. She wanted to get to Portsmouth (then WHY were you on a bus that was clearly marked "Dover"?!? Oh, well, the supposedly educated college students do it all the time...) She rode around until my next run, when I had a trainee and was riding. Marilyn asked if my hair was naturally curly - she seemed fascinated by it. She was well-dressed and articulate and asked about the area - very normal conversation for an out-of-towner... We got to the Fox Run Mall and she got up, pressed the one-page "Protocol" into my hand and made some dire warning about "watching out for" something or somebody - I don't remember her exact words - and abruptly left the bus. She never asked for money, nor were there any requests for money on the paper. Needless to say, I was stunned when I read the paper; she never gave any indication that she was loony - maybe she was wising up and being more guarded? I don't know. I do know that this is a fascinating saga and I hope she will be OK - it's amazing she continues to travel (seemingly) unmolested and well-kept/fed. You go, girl, Marilyn - you "Tortured Microwave Lobbyist!!

0 comments: