Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sandy, UT

Yesterday, June 10 in Sandy, Utah I was approached by a nice woman asking me for directions to WalMart. As I proceeded to point a direction she told me that she was really looking for Alta View hospital which was located near the WalMart. She then stopped, looked at me and asked if I would take her there. In this day of dangerous people I wasn’t sure what to do so I just looked right into her eyes for a minute and tried to decide if she really needed help or if she was a threat of any kind. I didn’t get any bad feeling so I told her to get in my car and I drove her to the hospital. She was a black woman, a little on the heavy side with a purse and what looked like a computer in a case. She was wearing a dark skirt and spring looking blouse and appeared to be freshly showered. She looked like she could have been a company rep or business person.



I asked her a few questions and she said that she said that she originally came from Auburn(I think that’s the name), California. She didn’t initiate any conversation or offer much information and was very quiet and vague with her answers. She said that she had to go to the hospital to have some things tested. She did comment on the beauty of the mountains. I dropped her off at the Emergency Room and as she got out she said that she was having some black cop trouble and that she had left me 10 letters, one for me and the rest for friends. She then said thank you my white friend, today and forever (something like that). It was a one page handwritten letter on both sides that started out with “Stop the night illegal collections and deals on my life. Mrs. Kunston Sawyer Rodwin Ringwald collects as me as a white woman.………..”



The letter was so odd that I googled Rodwin Ringwald to seeif there was anything to it and here I am!!! I realized that Marilyn Gibbs(if that is even her name) was the woman I took to the hospital. A very strange incident. I am amazed that she has gotten around as well as she has and I wonder if she is getting any psychological help along the way. I was also wondering if I should alert anyone about her but I don’t want her to be at greater risk for trouble. It would be very interesting to really know what her story is. I hope she stays safe and gets any help she needs.

0 comments: