Tuesday, June 10, 2008

West Jordan, UT

On June 10th, 2008 Marilyn Gibbs came to a meeting at my LDS church house for the women. She came in and introduced herself and sat down. It was a game night so we were all laughing and having fun and Marilyn stood up and started talking. Since it was a Spanish ward, my mother was translating. Marilyn compared herself as an activist, at the level of Martin Luther King Jr. She spoke out against the West Jordan Police because they were covering up technology crimes. She said that the Mormons had treated her well before and so she came back to talk to the women. She wasn't making very much sense and my poor mother was scrambling to translate and make sense of what Marilyn was saying. Before she left, she handed out fliers and left the room. I've done reaserch to try and find out more, but I've only come up with more questions....

0 comments: