Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sterling, VA

I just wanted to let you know that I ran into this lady yesterday, August 7, 2008. I was leaving work and on my way home, when I saw her on the side of the street. She looked like she needed help and when I slowed down, she flagged me over. I asked her if she needed a ride anywhere, and she told me that she was trying to get out of Virginia, because her ex-boyfriend had a lot of influence over the blacks in Virginia. She said she was trying to get to Charlestown, West Virginia. I felt sorry for her, not knowing her whole story. I thought she might be fleeing from some sort of domestic abuse or something, so I gave her a ride from Sterling, VA to Leesburg, VA. She then asked me for a donation, and I gave her about 9 bucks, all I had in my wallet at the time and told her to get herself a meal with it. She gave me a copy of that same printed letter that you posted on the Internet with maybe some minor changes. It kind of freaked me out a little. I wasn't sure exactly what her problem was, but she did say she had to get away from Washington. She said she had tried to fight her ex-boyfriend, but had not been prepared enough, so now she had to get as far away as possible. I dropped her off next to a Luthern Church on the West side of Leesburg, VA. She seemed nice enough, but after reading the copy of the letter she gave me, I'm not sure what's going on. I was just trying to be a good samaritan.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indianapolis, IN on August 30.