Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bonner Springs, KS

I was in a hurry working a service call this evening but had to stop for gas in the small town we live in. About the time I was getting out of the car I notice a rather odd looking black woman walking slowly down the sidewalk in my direction. About the time I was going to swipe my credit card into the gas pump she call out "sir .... sir". I turned to her and she asked me If I could give her a ride to Overland Park, KS. It was a relief to me to be able to politely decline on the basis I was heading for a service call right down the road. She then asked me how long the service call would take and I told her probably a couple of hours. I began fueling the car and expected her to walk away ... instead, she came towards me and handed me a very strange looking flier. I asked her what it was and she turned and walked away without saying a thing. When she turned I saw the same flier pinned to her back. Later in the evening when I arrived home I began reading it to my wife. Even before I was done reading it, my wife had found this blog online.

0 comments: