Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Warrensburg, MO

Marilyn came by my consignment store today in Warrensburg, Missouri. Nothing really interesting happened. She was about to go on a tirade about how the Salvation Army ruined her life but I told her that the store wasn't the proper format for a political discussion and she politely changed the topic. I felt bad since I couldn't give her the handbag and shoes that she wanted but I was able to give her a slight discount on a pair of open towed shoes that she bought for $4 using what she called "white donation money".

She was a bit bossy but more or less polite calmly leaving two copies of her pamphlet on the counter. After reading the pamphlet the term "microwave abuses" stuck with me and out of boredome I decided to google it stumbling upon this website.

Quite interesting to see her travels being documented in this fashion and dispite her potential mental illness it is impressive to see that she has probably seen more things and been to more places than myself.

She seemed well and hopefully things work out for her...

0 comments: