Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tyngsboro, MA

Hello, I am writing to you after finding your website about Marilyn Gibbs. I encountered her this morning around 7:15 am on the corner of Christine Ave and Lakeview Ave in Tyngsboro, MA. I was on my way to work and as I stopped at the intersection she handed me her letter. She stated that she works for a Martin Luther King activism group and asked if I'd give her letter to a battered womens' shelter. I didn't read the letter until I got to work, I happen to work for a mental health organization. I showed the letter to some of my coworkers and we googled some of the phrases, which eventually led us to your website. We figured she was staying at a shelter, and took the bus to Tyngsboro, which seems like an odd place, but she was standing right across from St. Mary Magdalen rectory. She seemed coherent, and I called my dad to ask if he had seen her on his way to work a couple hours later, and she was gone by then. Her letter was 7 pages long, it looks to be different from the one on your site. My coworkers agree that she has more than likely been abused at some point, it seems like this took place in a shelter. All in all, an interesting encounter. I'd be happy to scan the letter if you'd like.

0 comments: