Wednesday, April 23, 2008

(no location)

23, April, 2008. We had an encounter with Ms Gibbs at 19:15.
As per her oft-repeated MO, she flagged us down at an intersection, inquiring as to where there might be a church holding bible study. When informed that we didn't know the area well enough, she asked us to give her a ride to a Burger King at the other end of town. We were late to pick up our daughter and grandchildren, so we had to decline. She handed us her manifesto from a large stack and hailed a passing cab. I noticed several pieces of extremely well-worn luggage on the sidewalk.
When we returned home, hours later, I did my best to work my way through her white paper. I have to say that in all my years (plenty) I cannot recall having ever read such a rambling, discombooberated hash of gibberish in my life - and I was in the Army and have had to deal with OSHA for 30 years.
I was curious about the Rev. Carl Wyman she vilifies so I Googled up numberous links to Ms. Gibbs. This site >>>http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=756262&blogID=204585029<<< gives an indication of how manic her travels are. She puts Dr. Richard Kimball's pursuit of the One-Armed Man in the classic TV series "The Fugitive" to shame.

I somehow feel connected to all who have encountered the "Lobbyist". An amazing encounter to be sure.

And that's not the rest of the story, but my part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April 26, 2008. Those of you following Marilyn's journeys will be pleased (?) to know she has made it to the nation's capital where she is busy warning D.C. residents about Microwave Abuse Rape offenses etc. I encountered her today outside Union Station. She handed me the "Room 13" version of her manifesto that has been previously reproduced here. Not sure what to say, other than it's amazing that such an extremely confused delusional person can survive and get around as well as she does. Maybe it says something good about this country and our ability to tolerate and perhaps even care for the marginalized and vulnerable?

Anonymous said...

On June 5th she made it to Fallon Nevada at my place of employment Holiday Inn Express. She asked my co-worker and I to make 150 front and back copies of her "Equinox.... Domestic Violence Shelter Guidelines & Resources BEDROOM#13" letter. My co-worker and I were reading it VERY CONFUSED and like the rest of you looked some things up on the web. We found this site and got chills.