Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mendota Heights, MN

I encountered Marilyn Gibbs today while driving home from my gym. I was stopped at a red light, but I could see her before I stopped, perturbed because I though she was a political person. I dreaded that it was a red light because I knew she would come to my vehicle. She politely knocked on my window and told me she was a domestic abuse activist. I took her literature and drove away. I was interested to read what she had handed me because it was thick (15 pages long). I got home, read it and was so confused. I could not make any sense of it. So I turned to the trusty internet and found all of you! Now I am feeling terrible because these are written by a woman in desperate need of help, and I just drove away. Had I read them directly when I got home, I could have possibly driven back to look for her. My husband went out to run an errand shortly after reading this and she was gone. I pray that her soul finds peace and she stays safe.

Added 3/19:

0 comments: